Thursday, December 31, 2009

Lightning Bench Coach Retires

The only Bench Coach that the Lightning have known left Philly with the Team, but didn't follow them to Wichita.

Instead Bobby Becker moved to Miami.

"I couldn't be happier," said Becker, "I get to spend every day with my family and kids."

Many in the organization had pushed for Bobby's firing after the team flamed out early in last years playoffs. Although GM zhawks stood steadfastly behind his teams Bench Coach to the Media, there were rumors that behind closed doors Becker had been told he was on a short leash.

"I went out on my own terms," Becker stated in his press release, "I didn't lock any players in the closet or get pushed out due to poor performance, this one was on me."

Becker had never won less then 95 games for the Lightning (94 for his career) and had 583 career wins, 489 for the Lightning and one AL pennant.

No comments: